Video: Gentle Qigong Exercise for all Ages, Part 1

June 30, 2013 |

Support active aging and vibrant longevity through the regular practice of the ancient art of Qigong, (pronounced ‘chee gung’). It is a beautifully flowing movement meditation (similar in some ways to Tai Chi) that will cultivate within you an increased sense of well being, calmness, mental alertness, inner/outer balance, as well as strengthen all the systems and organs of your body.  For seniors, it is especially helpful to those with arthritis, hypertension and mobility issues. Join me for this rejuvenating, gentle session that only takes 5 minutes and 35 seconds to do and can be done standing or sitting. Allow yourself to breathe deeper, move gracefully, focus your intention and feel your natural aliveness!

Here’s Part 2 of this Gentle Qigong Practice:

Special thanks to

Master Wing Cheung
for teaching me these beautiful,
healing Tai Chi Qigong Shibashi Exercises.

Music: “Revival” by Kevin MacLeod,
Incompetech.com
Used by permission. Licensed under Creative Commons: By Attribution 3.0

Click here to read my : “What is the Ancient Art of Qigong?” blog post.

Was this video helpful?  If you tried this workout, how did it go?  Let me know your thoughts by writing your comments in the box below. (Your email address will not be published.)  Questions are welcomed too.  I love hearing from you!

Comments

19 Responses to “Video: Gentle Qigong Exercise for all Ages, Part 1”

1. Cindy says:

Jeanette,
    I just viewed your video on you tube, Gentle Qigong Part 1. I really enjoyed it and wondered if Part 2 is available on youtube. If so, how would I locate it?

I live in Indiana and therefore would not be able to attend Youthfull Heart classes. : ) Please help if possible with part2. I really enjoy this exercise.

Cindy

Hi Cindy,
      I’m happy to know that you are benefiting from my Part 1 qigong video. I’m going to be sending out my next newsletter soon and it will include part 2. I’ve been busy lately so I’m a bit behind on this issue. I noticed that you already opted into my email newsletter list, so you’ll be automatically receiving my next issue when I send it out by the end of October or 1st week of November. Thanks for you interest.

Hope you are enjoying the autumn season. We’ve been having some beautiful days lately here in the Bay Area of Northern Ca.
      All the best and be well.

2. Jean Ledoux says:

Really enjoyed this program Jeanette.So relaxing and helps with overall balance.Thanks for the time and effort you give to seeing we seniors stay healthy and Fit..Jean

Hi Jean,
      Thanks for chiming in on my blog. So glad that you enjoyed my Qigong video. I will include part 2 to that series in my next newsletter. I really appreciate your positivity…it’s a true delight to to have you in my SGS class! ♥

3. Jean P. says:

Dear Jeanette,
    Just now, (PM), I’ve read your most worthy Newsletter. I would like as much at home Tai Chi and Qigong movementes to practice as possible. My goal is to get balanced so I can really walk with ease–breathing -wise and movement. Having 2 hip replacements over the years, my body has developed compensation moves to alleviate pain and they have developed into some bad standing and walking habits. I have a man now 2times a month, coming here to do Counterstrain work and it has been amazing, but the movements are of paramount importance. Will you be having more qigong in your future newsletters? Also, I have 2 Tai Chi instructors that I found on the Internet but haven’t stared regularly with them but plan to—I could possibly combine your teachings and theirs and do them or do each separately?===I’ll get your answer later I love your class and look forward eagerly each Monday to coming!!!!!!!!!! Bib Hugs—-Jean

4. Bobette Hanley says:

Do you have a DVD for balance? Doesn’t need to be sitting. My problem is strictly balance, I have no joint problems (no arthritis) but need to get steadier on my feet. See you Monday. Bobette.

5. Robert says:

So beautiful to watch you do this Janette. I really enjoy the qigong we do in class mixed with the other forms of exercise. Such a great blend! You are the BEST! Thanks for these little videos!

6. Bonnie says:

I really enjoy when we do these slow relaxing movements in class and now I can follow along at home. After my first time through I felt so good and ready for the rest of my day.

7. Anne says:

I never know what to expect with you Jeanette. I love how you change it up and keep giving us new bits to practice. Actually the qigung has become one of my favorite parts of class.

8. Sandi S. says:

Just so you and others know Jeanette, I was able to follow along really well while sitting. I’m still not able to stand for very long so I will practice this one for awhile. My knee is getting better though. Yay!

9. Darci says:

Simple and so perfect for me right now. I really enjoy these types of calming movements. Thanks a million J!

10. Joanne says:

Jeanette, you are such a special being. Your energy is so soothing and very comforting to me. I am so thankful to have met you…you uplift me in many ways. This is a wonderful and helpful workout.

11. Nancy Koors says:

It is such an honor to be included in your newsletter!!!! See you Thursday. Nancy

You make a beautiful addition to my newsletter Nancy. Thanks for letting me use your comment and photo as an inspiration to others!

12. Belinda says:

I want to learn to be as graceful as you Jeanette. Watching you do this is mesmorizing. (sp?) You put me at ease even before I did the qigong myself. When I followed along I noticed a deep calm emerging. I get stressed easily so this will be a great tool to have. Thanks for the reminders to breathe too.

13. Donna H. says:

Love love love this one Jeanette. You are so graceful and so relaxing. Can’t wait for part 2. I’ll do this at my desk when I need a break!

14. Mary says:

Hello Jeanette,
    I got your news letter.The tuna salad looks good to make and i may be ordering some video’s from you soon.The exercise videos are interesting and easy to do.
    Have a safe Fourth of July!

Hi Mary,
      Thanks for the positive feedback about the various bits in my recent newsletter. I’m especially happy to read that you are following along to the videos. Stay in touch and Happy 4th of July to you too!

“The greatest power that a person possesses is the power to choose.”  ~J. Martin Kohe

“My recent bone density test was great as a result of Jeanette's strength training class. I feel better, and it helps my whole being. I have exercised all my life and Jeanette is the best!"

--Connie Fischer, age 74, Novato, CA