Video Trailer: Seriously! A movie about Play!

March 6, 2013 |

I’m happy to share info about a Kickstarter* project that I’m supporting whole heartedly. “SERIOUSLY! The future depends on play” is an hour long creative documentary by Gwen Gordon that shines a bright light on the vital importance of play to our health, happiness, and the future of life itself! It provides inspiring and irrefutable evidence of play’s vital importance in every part of our lives. It shares powerful stories of play healing trauma, reducing crime, resolving conflicts, finding ingenious solutions to seemingly intractable problems, and making life worth living (to name just a few.) Watch the movie trailer here.

If you feel drawn to support this worthy endeavor then visit the Kickstarter website to make a contribution. Your donation will be GREATLY appreciated and will help to make a valuable difference in our world!

*Kickstarter is a funding platform for creative projects. Everything from films, games, and music to art, design, and technology. Kickstarter is full of ambitious, innovative, and imaginative projects that are brought to life through the direct support of others.

”The opposite of play is not work, it’s depression.” Brian Sutton-Smith, Harvard University

Play has been the spice in my life that I truly believe has contributed to my happiness more than any other experience I’ve had. What about you? Do you find time to play? What type of play do you enjoy?

Comments

12 Responses to “Video Trailer: Seriously! A movie about Play!”

1. Lynelle says:

Hi Jeanettie, Let Go Breathe! What a wonderful reminder. Thanks for sharing the video about PLAY! Reminders are so needed today, arn’t they! No mater what—let go & breathe 🙂 Love, Lynelle

2. Joanie says:

So glad to see what Gwen is up to! We go way back… and her work /play really is terrific. Will contribute when I get home from my travels. Thanks for sharing and contributing!

How cool that you know Gwen Gordon! You lead a wonderfully diverse life, Joanie. I look forward to hearing more from you when you get back home. Gwen doesn’t know me personally, but I donated to her Kickstarter project when I first heard about it. I’m thrilled that she’s making a documentary about play!

• Joanie says:

fun to share… and we thoroughly enjoyed your recent meditation this morning in Houston… perfect for the moment! xoxo

May Peace prevail on earth and in your heart!

Feels good to know that my meditations are providing some valuable support for you guys while you’re on the road. Thanks so much! Houston is my home town…say hi to my family while you’re there.;-)

3. Reyna says:

I always enjoy your newsletters immensely! Thanks a bunch.

• Jeanette Logan says:

It’s good to know that some of you out there are reading and enjoying my newsletter Reyna. Thanks for letting me know.

4. Joyce Larsen says:

Hi Jeanette,

What a wonderful reminder that we need to play more – I really appreciate it!

Love, Joyce

Hi Joyce, Great to hear from you. Hope your recovery is going well. A little bit of play does a lot for our natural wellness! Glad you have connected with this video!

5. Virginia says:

This seems interesting. Please let me know when this movie is available. We all need to play more for sure.

“Dance is one of the most powerful forms of magical ritual… It is an outer expression of the inner spirit.”   ~Ted Andrews

"I feel Jeanette's classes have helped me to heal, and to stay healthy. I am amazed that I have lowered my glucose level. Her guided relaxation at the end is fantastic--a retreat unlike any other!"

--Karen Nouchi, 60, San Rafael, CA