Shanghai World Expo Closing Ceremony

February 6, 2013 |

For your entertainment and delight, here’s a peek at a stunning chinese extravaganza that has elements of opera, musical concert, dance and fashion all rolled into one! I have the utmost respect for the athletic and artistic skill of the performers. This is one theatrical experience that I would love to see live! Hope you enjoy the show.

Shared from Chinese Civilization Channel 2 HD:
“We bring you the magnificent Chinese civilization with its rich heritage, diverse culture and colourful people. Broadcasted mainly in Mandarin, Tibetan and English languages.”

Well…were you blown away like I was? Have you seen anything like this before?

Categories:

Comments

8 Responses to “Shanghai World Expo Closing Ceremony”

1. Diana Jacobs says:

If you gals decide to go see this I want to come too! I love these kinds of over the top performances. And the Chinese culture is one of my favorites to experience. They are so devoted to their craft and it shows!

2. Marion T. says:

Lets go see this live Jeanette! I believe it’s coming to the Orpheum theater soon. What a fun time that would be!

3. Georgia says:

How in the world are the beautiful orietal woman sitting in mid air while playing music? This is so original and colorful!

Ha ha ha! I know that “magic trick” AMAZED me too. I read a few of the comments and discovered that they are actually locking their shoes into a device in the floor. So they are not holding up their own body weight the entire time they’re playing music. Still a STUNNING effect!

4. Georgia says:

Jeanette…I saw one of these shows live before. STUNNING!

“Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.”
~John Wooden

"Over the past three years I have seen a noticeable improvement in energy and overall health in my life as I have attended Jeanette's 'Still Going Strong' class."

--Charles Keast, age 72, Novato, CA