Smoking Kid

January 18, 2013 |

The following was shared with me by Nick Ortner, producer of the documentary film called “The Tapping Solution.” This video has a POWERFUL message. It’s simple and EFFECTIVE. “It’s amazing how many people know what is best for their lives, but they aren’t willing to do something about it, or they just don’t know what they can do.”

Published on Jun 21, 2012
Unified directory of Phuket – Thai Health Promotion Foundation- Smoking Kid
Created by Ogilvy Thailand

What did you think of this video? Is there an area of your life where you clearly know that you’re capable of doing better than you currently are?  Leave your comments below.

Comments

6 Responses to “Smoking Kid”

1. Marion T. says:

What a great way to support adults in “waking” up to the dangers of smoking. My husband died from lung cancer so I know all about the seriousness of this issue. I really liked this video…thanks for sharing Jeanette.

Dear Marion, so sorry to hear about your husband. Great to get your feedback about my choice to post this video…you understand all too well about the dangers of smoking.

2. Yolands Peters says:

Very interesting to see adults telling a child how bad something is for them as they continue to do it themselves. It shows that overcoming certain habits requires more than just knowing we should. I stopped smoking years ago and the only way is to find a replacement “better” habit. It was the hardest thing I ever did.

Congratulation Yolanda on quitting smoking! That is one of the most challenging addictions to overcome. What a gift to yourself and to your family!

3. Georgia says:

If I was still a smoker…this would be an eye opener for me. Very effective way to get a message across.

Hi Georgia…so glad to know you’re no longer a smoker. Yes, children can have a way of helping us WAKE UP, when we’re paying attention.

“The delights of self-discovery are always available.” ~ Gail Sheehy

"I've been in Jeanette's Youthful Hearts Fit and Fun program for 15 years. It has helped me maintain my agility and mobility. Plus, in class, I am surrounded by caring, supportive women."

--Alice Stelling, age 80, Novato, CA