Special Thanks to Youthful Hearts

November 14, 2012 |

Tune in, turn on, tune up your body, mind and spirit after 50! Here’s a 2012 Thanksgiving message for all of my awesome Youthful Hearts Class members:

Dear Youthful Heart,

Exercising with you each week is one of the highlights of my life. Truly, I am rich beyond measure. I deeply appreciate you for your gifts of joy, openness,willingness, commitment, laughter, caring, cooperation, playfulness, enthusiasm, focus and kindness. your light makes my light shine brighter. Thank you for your participation in my classes and your contribution to my aliveness.

Fit and fun after 50

Blessings of peace and happiness this holiday season and beyond.

♥ Jeanette Logan

“There is a fountain of youth: it is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love. When you learn to tap this source, you will have defeated age.” ~Sophia Loren

And a bit of humor: “To what do you attribute your long life? To the fact that I haven’t died yet.” ~ Sir Malcolm Sargent

Here’s link to a post about Lifelong Learning and also about the thank you gift I shared with my class members this year. http://www.youthfulhearts.com/2012/11/15/3464/

Categories:

Comments

10 Responses to “Special Thanks to Youthful Hearts”

1. Lynelle says:

Congrats on a another great newletter, and sharing the best of yourself with us, as always 🙂 🙂 love, Lynelle

Thanks for the acknowledgement about my newsletter. It feels good to know I’m helping others feel uplifted in some way. We need all the help we can get these days!

2. Bobbi says:

We’re the ones who should be thanking you Janette. How special you are to share so much of yourself with us old folks. I will miss you over the holidays and will be one of the first ones to sign up in January!

Well I guess we’re members of the mutual admiration society. Thanks Bobbi, and I love your enthusiasm about exercising in January!

3. Nancy says:

Hi Jeanette,
    Thank you for your newsletter….great, as always. I’d like to sign up for your class in January. I’m recovered from various surgeries…now just have one very arthritic knee which makes standing on one foot painful. I know you do some of that with balance exercises, but you have always been wonderful about urging needed adjustments so I think I’d be ok. I’d love to be back in class…would it be ok? Thanks.

Hi Nancy,
      What a wonderful surprised to hear from you! ABSOLUTELY, YES it will be ok for you to come back. You have just added to my holiday cheer!
      And yes I still live by the golden rule: modify when necessary so that you remain active in manageable ways. This opens up many possibilities for all of the body parts that are doing well, and may even help the parts that are not up to par. Thanks for the positive feedback about my newsletter too. Glad you are enjoying it.

Congratulations on your recovery that allows you to consider taking a group exercise program again. This is fabulous news! Wishing you all the best and looking forward to seeing you in January. Holiday Blessings!

4. Sydney says:

Hi Jeanette,
    Thank you for continuing to send your Youthful Hearts newsletter. I enjoy reading them and remembering the good times there.
    The gym here is really nice with lots of equipment, but the class closeness is absent. My tai chi class has an instructor who is a real kick. She came from Vietnam on one of those overfilled nightmares and she can now laugh about the experience! She is very involved with the community and wants us to join her in some events so we are getting to know one another in class which is nice. But, she’s not you. You are a special individual, a one of a kind. Don’t ever change – we need you in this world! Love,
    Sydney

Hi Syndey! I LOVE hearing from you. Thank you so much for your very kind words. They touched me deeply. I miss you A LOT and I know you are missed by others too, especially Regina! Sounds like you are settled into your new life and getting a variety of exercise. Great to hear about your tai chi instructor’s exuberance for community events. I imagine that she is a compassionate individual as a result of her past hardship. So glad that you are getting to know your classmates. Spending quality time with others, socializing, is a very important part of our wellness.
      I wish you and your family a very happy new year!
      Metta, Jeanette

5. Monica Davis says:

I’m so glad that i found your classes. I wished I had known about them sooner. What a sweet class photo you have posted. Everyone looks so happy. You have that affect on people Jeanette. Great quotes too. I especially like the one from Sophia Loren.

Hey Monica…thanks for chiming in. Welcome to my blog and to my class. Great to have on board with us…just in time for the new year too! I appreciate your positive note.

“If we’re not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn’t settle for junk food.” ~ Pioneer of the Olympic sport of triathlon, Sally Edwards

"I have attended Jeanette Logan's fitness class for several years, and keep going back.  Going to her classes is one of the best things I can do for myself."

--Bill Pryor, age 68, San Rafael, CA