Happy Birthday to my very own MOM!

April 11, 2012 |

I’ve made a special movie today for my mom Rose (one of my favorite seniors!) in honor of her 69th birthday. It stars many radiant people, including some of my awesome Youthful Hearts class members. Thanks to everyone who helped me with this movie. From my heart to yours…hope you enjoy! May all your birthdays be happy!

Senior tribute: My mom Rose

Yay for my Rose, my MOM!  I wanted to pay tribute to her on my blog because she is one amazing woman! She has been steadfastly by my dad’s side for 52 years now, through thick and thin, and they are still going strong.

In addition, she is a great mom to me and my sisters and a loving grandma to her 7 grandsons and 1 step-granddaughter. She was born and still lives in Texas, and she’s an animal lover, gardener, baker/chef, artist, church and school volunteer, business partner and caretaker to many! In this photo, she is holding her dog and pal, Charlie.

Do you like to celebrate your birthdays?

Categories:

Comments

28 Responses to “Happy Birthday to my very own MOM!”

1. Rachel says:

Jeanette, what a lovely tribute to your mom’s birthday! My mom’s 70th is coming up and I would love to do something similar for her but I have no idea where to start! Did you use a simple video camera to tape these messages are did you do them online somehow? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
    Rachel

Hi Rachel,
      Nice to have you stop by. I definitely enjoyed creating the birthday videos that I made for my mom and dad this year. I used a small flip video camera to capture the live shots of people saying happy birthday. Then I used Imovie on my Mac computer to edit and create the short movies. Any kind of video camera and editing software will do the job. Have fun. I’m sure your mom will love it. Both of my parents really did! )Oh by the way, do we know each other?)

2. Mary says:

It was such fun celebrating and sharing my birthday with all of you dear special people in Jeanette’s Youthful Heart’s class and her husband,Val. Along with another daughter and her husband. Different people sharing in making the video in the area around the neighborhood. All of you just made my birthday great. I have listened to the video several times. All i can say is, all the celebrating has put an extra spring in my step. Have a wonderful time in your neighborhood and may all of your birthdays be fun as you have made mine. Many Thanks to my wonderful family.

YOU ARE MOST WELCOMED! Glad that you let yourself receive the joy from all of us to you! We wanted you to feel good because you deserve it! xxoo from J

3. Anne says:

Hi Jeanette!

I did manage to get some of the lovely Birthday tribute to your mother- and, yes, it truly was/is special. I can only add to the comments from all who responded – and you do know how much our class means to me.

Thank you, again, for everything you do for us – your mother really raised some wonderful children!

xxoo
    Anne

Hi Annie,
      So glad you were able to see some of the video. Good for you for practicing your computer skills.

You’re a sweetheart, and I love getting a comment from you! What you wrote makes me happy–thanks for that! I guess we’re even, since our class means a lot to me too.
      Happy weekend :-).

4. Muriel Haagens says:

Enjoyed the video so much,you are so creative!
    What a great gift for your mom!
    Muriel

Hey there Muriel–good to hear from you. Always love reading your comments–so positive and acknowledging. You’re helping to spread the joy, that’s for sure!

5. Helen Puerling says:

That was such fun I started thinking it was MY birthday – A wonderful celebration of your Mom’s special day from a Very Special Daughter!

Hi Helen, I was hoping it might have that effect! 🙂 Thanks for your kindness and for joining in on the fun!

6. Jan Ardell says:

Jeanette,
    What great fun and celebration. Thanks for sharing this. Happy Birthday, Rose.
    Jan

Hi Jan, I’ll forward your happy birthday message to my Mom. I’m sure she can handle one more birthday wish! So nice to receive your uplifting response! Jeanette 🙂

7. Margaret says:

Fabulous! Tears in my eyes. You are a very special daughter.

Hi Margaret, My mom is special to me…she’s done so much for our family for so many years. I woke up last Monday inspired to send her something different this year. You all really added so much liveliness! I really appreciate your kindness and caring words! Means a lot to me.

8. Gloria says:

What a lovely tribute to your mother. Thank you for sending me the video.

My pleasure Gloria! I’m so glad that you enjoyed it. I’m so blessed in many ways…including knowing all of you in my classes. You’re a dear one.

9. sharon adams says:

Loved the Birthday Video,. I’m sure your Mom was thrilled.

Thanks Sharon! Wonderful to hear from you. My mom never expected a video, that’s for sure. It was fun surprising her.

10. Jane Birbenbaum says:

That was absolutely delightful, Jeanette. What a lucky mom to have you for a daughter!!!!!

I’m lucky to have her as my mom! Hi Jane–lovely hearing from you. You and my other class members help to bring out the best of me! Thanks for the acknowledgement. 🙂

11. Marilyn Pfeffer says:

Jeanette:
    That was certainly a VERY SPECIAL birthday surprise you thought up! People from all over– stores, boats, driveways, restaurants, etc. stopping to wish your “oh, so young @ 69” mother Happy Birthday! What a wonderful and thoughtful daughter she has!
    Marilyn

Delightful comment Marilyn. I’ll be sure and tell my mom that you said she’s “so young at 69”! She’ll love that! Great to hear from you.

12. Debbie says:

What a beautiful, moving birthday wish for our mom 🙂 I love the pic of mom & her pal, Charlie 🙂 Thanks for sharing your special gifts to celebrate her special day with all of us! You are truly appreciated and loved by many. Wonder what creative pursuit will strike next? Your sis, Curious Debbie

Thanks for the positivity and encouragement Deb. I am grateful for your loving and playful contribution to mom’s b-day video and to my life! Mom’s response to the video was very gratifying to me. She never saw that one coming! She got a really BIG kick out of you and Robbie, and she was also touched by your sentiment.
      Looking forward to visiting with you guys soon.

13. Joanie says:

That video is awesome!!! Love your creativity. Thanks for including us and sharing it… and I can’t believe your mom and I are the same age!

Hey Joanie, THANK YOU for helping to make my mom’s b-day special. I do believe I thoroughly surprised her which is the effect I was going for. She thoroughly enjoyed the video! And, BTW, you and my mom are both “young-uns” as we say in Texas. 😉

14. Rose says:

Oh my gosh,oh my gosh,now i am known all over the world.Thank you all of you,all beautiful special people,you have made my day the most special birthday gift i have ever had in my whole life along with my Texas daughter’s,can’t forget dad,with flowers,plants and cards.Including my California family,Jeanette,Val,Debbie and Robbie.How much more blessings can a mother get with a family like this.At the beginning of the video i didn’t know what to think.Sure was a surprise.Jeanette,A big thank you to your,”Youthful Hearts” gang,yes i have the picture of “Elvis” hanging on the wall in the kitchen.For Debbie,Robbie and Jeanette, your little friend’s.Yes,i shed a few tears watching the video.I feel so special.Its God,God gave me all this.I love you all.Thank You.Still in shock.

Your genuine, grateful receiving of this video gift is very touching to me mom. Thanks and you’re welcome.

“Strength that has effort in it is not what you need; you need the strength that is the result of ease. ~ Ida Rolf

"I've been in Jeanette's class for over seven years, and it has changed my life. I feel much better (especially my back), and I have made many wonderful new friends."

--Marge Wrench, age 81, Novato, CA