Fitness After 50 Video, Episode #10: Leg and Core Strength

February 3, 2012 |

Seniors & Boomers: These moderate leg and core strength training exercises are safe and easy to learn.  They will help you with your balance and with chores that require lifting. Even 5 minutes of fitness done now and then can make a noticeable difference in how you feel. You can enjoy a healthy, active lifestyle, no matter what your age! Remember, that even with certain limitations, it is possible to exercise for better health. Two out of three of the boomer and senior strength training exercises in this video are demonstrated in a chair. Whether you’re standing or sitting, have fun and work at a level that is right for you!

I hope that you took this 5 minute health break for yourself. If so, how did it go for you? (Leave comment below.)

Comments

12 Responses to “Fitness After 50 Video, Episode #10: Leg and Core Strength”

1. Like this video. will put it to practice as much as I can. even a little feels effective. thanks for our class workout and for this home workout. Angie

Hi Angie, Great to hear from you. Yes, even a little bit of exercise can help us feel better. Thanks for you ongoing commitment to your health and wellness! See you soon!

2. Camille says:

Dear Jeannette
    WOW
    What a great vidio and my legs are getting weaker as I age and I found this to be a great workout.

My five pound (yep, can still do 5 lbs at 85) weights have been lost for a long, long, long time.

I was so inspired that I took up a search and just now found them.

I plan on continuing that great leg exercise, especially, and plan on coming back to see you soon.
    Seeing your darling self makes me miss you more with love Camille

Hey there Camille,
      You’re the best for chiming in. Congrats on finding your 5 lb weights. Awesome! So glad that you’re going do these leg exercises at home. And so good to know that some of you out there are actually using these little videos that I’m creating. Gratifying. You’re fabulous at 85 FOR SURE! I miss you too and hope to see you soon. With love back to you. 🙂

3. Muriel Haagens says:

Did the exercises. Thanks for helping me with my morning stiffness.
    See you Tuesday. You’re the greatest!

Yay Muriel! Thanks for the note. I’m happy my latest video helped you loosen up. Keep up the great work in class and at home!
      See you tomorrow.

4. Jan A. says:

Jeanette,
    Wonderful to get these Wellness tips. I enjoyed doing the exercises and doing them at home makes me more likely to repeat them on my own. THANK YOU!

You’re welcome Jan. It’s my pleasure, especially when I hear that some of you are using these little videos at home. Thanks for letting me know. I so appreciate how dedicated you’ve been to your fitness. It shows! 🙂

5. Maggi D. says:

Loved the video…..I did exercise, believe it or not.
    Cant be there on Tuesday…..Have to take MOM age94 to doctor
    But I promise I will be back.
    Maggi

Hi Maggi, I’m stoked to hear that you did this video at home. Wa-hoo! And congrats to your mom for being 94. That’s fantastic! I’ll see you next week. Thanks for the note.

6. Gloria Maniscalco says:

Great exercises. Will try to do these on days that I don’t attend your classes. I notice I have to keep moving or I start stiffening up. So grateful for your classes…..

Hi Gloria, I wasn’t expecting to hear from anyone today with the Super Bowl and all. Thanks for the surprise comment! Glad that to know that you’ll be using these exercises at home. Yay…that’s the way to support yourself! See you in class…:-)

“He that takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skill of the physician.” ~ Chinese Proverb

"After being in Jeanette's class, for only a very short time, I no longer have a shoulder pain that I thought was the end of my golfing. I also feel stronger, and have better posture and fuller breathing."

--Shirley McClung, age 73, San Rafael