Five Minutes of Fitness After 50 Video #9: Upper Body Strength

November 4, 2011 |

These upper body strengthening exercises will work your upper back, chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps to help you maintain and improve your function for daily activities. You’ll need hand weights and a stretch band or tube for this moderate and effective workout.

Comments

5 Responses to “Five Minutes of Fitness After 50 Video #9: Upper Body Strength”

1. Barbara Bruhn says:

Jeanette, I really appreciate the variety of exercises you present to us in the classes and also for home workouts. They work all the muscles and help me stay strong enough to lift my 3 yr. old granddaughter!

Hi Barbara,
      Thanks for the positive feedback. I love knowing that my support helps to make your life a little easier. Spending time with children, including grandkids, is one of life’s best pleasures!

It’s wonderful to have you in class. 🙂

2. Maggie says:

Those wall push ups are really a workout for me. So I guess I need them. Fun workout.

3. Joann says:

I’ve noticed lately that upper body is not as strong as it used to be. I want to start your classes next year. Until then it’s nice to have some exercises to do at home.

4. Edward H. says:

great short workout. Thanks Jeanette!

“He that takes medicine and neglects diet, wastes the skill of the physician.” ~ Chinese Proverb

“My recent bone density test was great as a result of Jeanette's strength training class. I feel better, and it helps my whole being. I have exercised all my life and Jeanette is the best!"

--Connie Fischer, age 74, Novato, CA

• Live-Streaming Zoom Classes Current Schedule

Monday:

9:15am - 10am, Fit and Fun, Low Impact Aerobics + more

10:30am - 11:15am, Still Going Strong, Strength & Stretch + more

12:45pm - 1:15pm Line Dancing (we'll do 2 or 3 beginner dances.)

Thursday:

9:15am - 10am, Fit and Fun, Low Impact Aerobics + more

10:30am - 11:15am, Still Going Strong, Strength & Stretch + more

12:45pm - 1:30pm, Chair Exercise, light cardio, strength & stretch

When the Pandemic is over, and we're allowed to gather in-person again, then we'll resume the following classes and times.
  • In-Person Classes, When Open Again: