Five Minutes of Fitness After 50 Video #9: Upper Body Strength

November 4, 2011 |

These upper body strengthening exercises will work your upper back, chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps to help you maintain and improve your function for daily activities. You’ll need hand weights and a stretch band or tube for this moderate and effective workout.

Comments

5 Responses to “Five Minutes of Fitness After 50 Video #9: Upper Body Strength”

1. Barbara Bruhn says:

Jeanette, I really appreciate the variety of exercises you present to us in the classes and also for home workouts. They work all the muscles and help me stay strong enough to lift my 3 yr. old granddaughter!

Hi Barbara,
      Thanks for the positive feedback. I love knowing that my support helps to make your life a little easier. Spending time with children, including grandkids, is one of life’s best pleasures!

It’s wonderful to have you in class. 🙂

2. Maggie says:

Those wall push ups are really a workout for me. So I guess I need them. Fun workout.

3. Joann says:

I’ve noticed lately that upper body is not as strong as it used to be. I want to start your classes next year. Until then it’s nice to have some exercises to do at home.

4. Edward H. says:

great short workout. Thanks Jeanette!

“If we’re not willing to settle for junk living, we certainly shouldn’t settle for junk food.” ~ Pioneer of the Olympic sport of triathlon, Sally Edwards

"Jeanette keeps us on our toes & is a great instructor! As a result of her class I am better able to focus and I feel stronger. I am no longer afraid to lift objects. I enjoy her variety of routines, and she knows all of our names!"

--Flo Tiedemann, age 81, San Rafael