Five Minutes of Fitness, Episode #6, Chair Stretch

June 13, 2011 |

Ready for some soothing exercise? This stretch routine can be done while sitting at your desk! Let’s get moving! Follow along with me to help with flexibility, life force and relaxation. Get your energy flowing and your mind turned on! Want access to more free fitness videos? Sign up for my e-newsletter in the blue form on the top right of this page.

Did you take some quality time for yourself and stretch your body? If so, I would love to hear about it! Leave a comment below. Thanks!Β  Want more stretching? Here’s another 5 minute workout for you. Click here.

Comments

13 Responses to “Five Minutes of Fitness, Episode #6, Chair Stretch”

1. Brenda Geffner says:

Hi Jeannette: Loved your newsletter, filled with all great information and help. Thanks for doing such a great job teaching us all kinds of exercise. Love that you include a variety, such as yoga, tai chi, etc. I really look forward to each class.
    I used to do yoga, but felt that I didn’t have enough strength in my arms to do some of the exercises. But since coming to your class I am building up my strength and even get to do some of the yoga exercises I used to be able to do again.
    Hugs.

2. Carol George says:

Hi Jeanette, I want you to know how good it is to be back in your class! I know it is going to take some time before I am well coordinated again but I can do it. I have been working on that for good reasons. I fell at my son’s home in the patio and fractured my femur in March 2009. I was pretty well healed from that and getting strong. In June 2010 I fell and fractured my humerus in 2 places. Talk about being uncoordinated! I have had a lot of physical therapy and still have a routine I do at home and have been using the tapes and DVD’s you made. But, it’s not the same as coming to your class. So again I say I’m just so happy to be back with you! Thank you for all that you do. Love, Carol George

Hi Carol,
      How wonderful to get this uplifting message from you. Thank you for your kind words. I LOVE LOVE LOVE having you back in class. And you seem to be doing well transitioning back into it. One step at a time is just right! You have such a kind heart and gentle spirit and I’m blessed be seeing you on a regular basis again. Thanks so much and I’ll see you Thursday!

3. Lynn Mercurio says:

Hi Jeanette
    I loved this five minute stretch routine!! It may be hard to believe, but I’m a beginner with my computer. My husband gave it to me for Christmas. He said he wanted to introduce me to the 21st century. I don’t spend alot of time on the computer,but I did your stretch routine at the beginning and it felt like a great way to start. I so enjoy the class. You’re a very good teacher. We get so much more than just the exercise. Thank you. Lynn

Hi there Lynn! Thanks so much for leaving a comment on my blog. Wow, I’m really impressed considering that you’re new to the computer world. Welcome. I think that you’ll find a few really nifty uses for the computer. I love it for the effortless research that I can do. Have fun with your learning. One thing about computer technology…it’s always evolving. I’ve learned to relax about it and not try and keep up with it all. Just one thing at a time…that good enough.

I really appreciate your positive words about my class. It it so gratifying to know that you receive more than just exercise. That means a lot to me. And I LOVE having you in my class! See you soon.

4. BUNNY says:

THANKS JUST FINISHED AND FEEL BETTER.

Hi Bunny, Glad that the stretch routine helped add a boost to your day. Good for you for doing it! See you tomorrow. πŸ™‚

5. Camille says:

Thanks so much Jeannette:

That was awesome and so readily availalabe.

We are blessed having you there for us and we love you too
    Camille Scontrino

Hey there Camille, Looks like you were able to play the video! Yahoo! Thanks for the positive feedback. See you soon. πŸ™‚

6. Jillian says:

You are right, I had been at the computer too long. I loved the right this minute stretch and the time bar at the bottom of the video kept me going because I could se that I didn’t have long to go. Amazing how short 5 minutes really is,
    Jillian

Hey there Jillian, Thanks for the visit to my site. Yes, five minutes goes by fairly quickly, especially when focused on something that feels good. I’m always doing little stretches while doing computer work. It makes a big difference to my body. Hope you’ll follow along again when needed.

7. Mary Walsh says:

Hi Jeanette,
    This was a great morning stretch. I am going to save it to my computer so I can do it each day before I leave my computer. Then I will be ready to rock n roll.
    Thank you for doing this.

ML, Mary Walsh

Wonderful! Hi Mary! So glad that you enjoyed it and that you’re planning on doing it again. If you have trouble saving the video to your computer you can continue watching it on my blog. It’ll stay posted here indefinitely. πŸ™‚

β€œYouth is the gift of nature, but age is a work of art.” ~ Garson Kanin

"I feel Jeanette's classes have helped me to heal, and to stay healthy. I am amazed that I have lowered my glucose level. Her guided relaxation at the end is fantastic--a retreat unlike any other!"

--Karen Nouchi, 60, San Rafael, CA