Senior Line Dance Demo

May 14, 2011 |

Today I gave a demo line dance class at the “Let’s Move, Novato! event that was put on by the Novato Parks, Recreation and Community Services. It was a fun day of activities and interactive informational booths related to health and exercise. I was happy to be a part of it. This health fair was inspired by the President’s Challenge: America’s move to raise a healthier generation of kids. This post includes a video clip of our demo class which gives a good taste of what my Youthful Hearts line dance classes are like.

Senior Line Dancing

Several of my 50+ line dance class members attended this special event to offer support to the beginning line dancers.  Thank you Youthful Hearts line dancers: Olivia, Amy, Beverly, Diane, Alice, Carol, Lu, Jane and Bobbi. You did a fabulous job, and I wouldn’t have wanted to do it without you!

To encourage more people to participate, I teach only beginner and intermediate level line dances in my classes. If you live in Marin County, or nearby, come join us to feel good, have fun and get fit! We meet at the Margaret Todd Senior Center on Thursdays from 12:35 – 1:15 pm.

Here’s video clip from our demo class:

What is your experience with line dancing? Have you done it or not? If so, what did you think of it?  If not, do you think that you’d like to try it? Leave a comment below. Thanks!

Comments

15 Responses to “Senior Line Dance Demo”

1. Lorri Murk says:

Hi Jeanette, Tom and I were watching your demo line dance video, half way through Tom said,”I’m in trouble.” We R excited 2 start!!

Hey Lorri,
      Your excitement about the upcoming line dancing class is contagious. I’m so stoked that you and Tom will be joining us! New people usually feel a bit awkward at first, but we go over the dances many times over the 6 weeks session so it gets easier and easier. See you soon!

2. Margie Wade says:

Thank you for the video. It is a relief to be told over and over that mistakes don’t matter, Thank you.

3. Katie says:

I had a lot of fun learning this line dance! You made it easy to learn. I’ll have to sign up for one of your new sessions at Margaret Todd.

Hi Katie, Thanks for the comment and for joining us this past Saturday. You did a great job with that dance, and I’m so thrilled that you enjoyed yourself. I would love to have you join us in class sometime. We have a good time for sure!

4. Jillian Horton says:

Jeanette’s line dancing demo was so fun!

5. Roberta says:

Your group really looks good dancing together. I’m not able to do any dancing right now because of an injury, but I hope to get back to it sometime soon. Thanks for sharing this video Jeanette. It brings back good memories.

Hi Roberta. Yes, I feel lucky to have such a great group to dance with. We always manage to have a good time together. Everyone is so supportive. I wish you a successful recovery from your injury. Take care.

6. Doug says:

It’s good to see some guys out there strutting their stuff. I’ve done line dancing before with my wife and really enjoyed it. It’s the only kind of dancing that I was ever really comfortable doing. It would be good to meet you sometime and get back into it.

7. Loretta says:

This looks like so much fun! I’ve always wanted to try line dancing so as soon as my Thursday morning is open I’ll stop by. Your teaching method is very encouraging. Thanks Jeanette.

Hello Loretta,
      Thanks for the positive feedback. My teaching methods have grown from my own struggles with learning choreography. I always did better when the teacher was patient and caring. So I strive to be that way with my class members. Our new line dance class is off to a great start! Hope to see you in class sometime.

8. Val says:

Jeanette, you make line dancing fun, easy, smooth and inviting. I have done a little line dancing before and felt intimated when it was too fast and I didn’t get it right away. The way you present it, I feel more encourage to try it again. Thanks.

Hello Val,
      I’m glad to hear that you would consider trying line dancing again. It’s one of my favorite ways to dance because it brings people together- while moving in joyful ways. So it’s good for our hearts and spirits! We ALL get better results when we feel encouraged with our learning. All the best to you.

“Surround yourself with people who respect and treat you well.”
~ Claudia Black

"I have attended Jeanette Logan's fitness class for several years, and keep going back.  Going to her classes is one of the best things I can do for myself."

--Bill Pryor, age 68, San Rafael, CA