November 11, 2010 |

Hi all. Thanksgiving is just around the corner, and I can think of no better time to express my gratitude. I’ve recently given a gift and thank-you card to my current class members. I’ve decided to post this message on my blog for those of you who have participated in my classes this year, but just haven’t been in lately. If you participated in my classes in 2010, then I have a gift for you! Stop by the Margaret Todd Senior Center in Novato or the San Rafael Community Center Goldenaires before Dec 17, for a quick hello and to pick up your thank-you gift. Be sure to come before or after class, so I’ll be available to speak with you. For those of you who will not be able to stop by, I’ve included the text from my thank-you card in this post below.

2010 Thanksgiving

Tune In, Turn On, Tune Up
Your Body, Mind and Spirit After 50!

Dear Youthful Heart~

I am blessed to know you. Thank you for choosing to participate in my 50+ Fitness Classes this year. It is deeply satisfying and rewarding for me to do what I love for a living, and you help to make that possible. You light up my life with fun and joy all through the year, and I look forward to every class! May your holidays and New Year bring you many enriching moments of celebration, adventure, wellness, peacefulness, learning and growth. You are aweseome!

With love and gratitude,

Jeanette Logan

Gift for Youthful Hearts Seniors Exercise

For my 2010 class member gifts, I chose this Choice Crystal heart because, to me, it is precious and beautiful, and it’s designed to sparkle in any light, LIKE YOU! It is a token of my heartfelt expression of thanks to you. It may be used as a paperweight or displayed in a favorite, well lit location for your viewing pleasure. In addition, it may be held during meditation, contemplation or prayers to help with focus, harmony and peace of mind.

Youthful Hearts for Senior Exercise The heart shape is found all over the world and has long been recognized across cultures as being a symbol for love, charity, unity, connection, joy and compassion. It also symbolizes our physical heart, emotions, soul and life source. This symbol is continually seen in art work across the populations, from the very young to the older generations. It is a way to express ones deepest inner self.

Crystals are ancient symbols of self-illumination, perfect insight, purity, clarity, wealth, elegance, unity, wholeness, strength, healing and greatness. In addition, crystals have symbolized spiritual richness and truth from our earliest beginnings on this planet;Β  they represent the human soul, inner growth, durability, knowledge and our desire to look within ourselves for divine wisdom and guidance.

I hope you enjoy this gift and that its meaning has been made crystal clear! πŸ™‚

“Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don’t mind, it doesn’t matter.” ~ Mark Twain

“You can’t turn back the clock. But you can wind it up again.” ~ Bonnie Prudden

Categories:

Comments

35 Responses to “Thank You Youthful Hearts”

1. Jan Ardell says:

Dear Jeanette,
    Thank you so much for your beautiful gift of the crystal heart. You are a sweetheart and I so enjoy and benefit from your class.
    Wishing you all happiness.
    Jan Ardell

You are welcome, Jan. Your spunky energy and radiant smile help to make my work so rewarding. I love exercising with you. Your good health really shines through you!

2. Juanita Reynolds says:

Hi Jeanette – On this Thanksgiving day, I wanted to tell you I am ever so grateful to have you and your spirit in my life. You are a wonderful inspiration. And thank you for the lovely heart crystal and note. It warmed my heart and I look forward to enjoying the sparkle and rainbow of colors. Thank you!

May your holidays and the new year be as special as you are!
    Juanita

Hello Juanita,
      Your words mean a lot to me. I always think of you each time I see the container gardens outside of Margaret Todd. Those plants and flowers that you take such good care of are vibrant like you! It is a pleasure to have you in my class. Merry, Merry! πŸ™‚

3. Phyllis says:

Hi Jeanette,
    Thank you for the lovely sparkling gift. The crystal is a reflection of the gifts you give us in every class. We are fortunate to have you as our instructor and friend. All the best!

4. Jean M. says:

Dear Jeanette, Thank you so much for the charming crystal heart. I have it on my bedroom dresser along side my little “Willow Tree” angel. I shall hold it when I meditate. Hopefully I will join you all again on the 29th.
    Meantime, have a beautiful, peaceful and loving Thanksgiving.
    Blessings,
    Jean
    I love the website.

Hi Jean,
      Thanks for checking in with me and for the warm wishes and positive feedback about my website. I hope to see you tomorrow and that you’ll be feeling like yourself again. Happy Holidays!

5. Consuelo says:

Dear Jeanette,
    Beaucoup! I want to thank you for your beautiful gift-the heart is lovely. I almost wished I could encase it like in the movie, “Titanic” -Le cour d’mer- (the heart of the sea). Have a wonderful Thanksgiving in the company of your husband and family. Thanks for your great classes! Love, Consuelo

6. Karen Nouchi says:

Jeanette,
    Thank you for the beautiful gift heart. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and will think of you whenever I see this pretty heart. Thank you for your year around gift of inspiration and help. You are a blessing to us all. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi Karen,
      Thanks for the thanks. Let me remind you what an inspiration you are to me and many others. When I found out that you were sixty I just about fell on the floor. To me, you look at least twenty years younger! I don’t know what secret tonic you’re drinking, but keep it up. You’re clearly making great lifestyle choices, and it’s a joy exercising with you.

7. Marlena Allison says:

Dear Jeanette,
    Just a note to thank you for the lovely crystal heart. What a perfect gift. Your sincere message is a symbol of your kind heart. The creative card you designed goes into my scrapbook forever. Sincerely, Marlena

Dear Marlena, Thanks for your very sweet note. You have a peacefulness about you that is comforting to be around. It comes through your presence and your words, whether spoken or written. I am loving having you in our class.

8. Shirley McClung says:

Dear Jeanette, Your recent gift is lovely, and I will treasure it always. I can never thank you enough for teaching me the way to good health. With my love and gratitude,
    Shirley

Hey there Shirley,
      It is always a pleasure to hear from you. Your heart overflows with kindness and I love that you are so expressive with your gratitude. You lift me up for sure! Keep up the good work in class.

9. Angie Bartlett says:

Dear Jeanette, I am enjoying your website. The videos and pictures and testimonials are so welcome and nice to see and read. I enjoy the newsletter and look forward to getting it. I enjoy being in your class, more than I can say. It is always so inspiring and uplifting. Thanks for including me in receiving it. Thanks also for the lovely crystal. It radiates rainbows through the room and reminds me of you.
    Angie

Hi sweet Angie,
      Radiating rainbows! Wow, this crystal sure brings out the poet in everyone. Thanks for your lovely words of acknowledgement. I enjoy having you in my class, and I admire your dedication to your health. It makes me happy to know that you like the crystal, and that you’re looking forward to receiving my newsletter. I’m actually starting to work on an edition of it now that I hope will be ready to send out soon. It is going to include a short video demo that I’ve decided to call “Five Minutes to Fitness.” My intention is to provide short exercise bits that you can practice at home. This first one will be a brain exercise like we do in class. Every bit helps, doesn’t it? Hope to see you tomorrow!

10. Anne says:

Hello Jeanette!
    I finally turned on my computer! I don’t know why, but I just seem to “fight” this new form of communication. πŸ™‚
    I want to take this opportunity to thank you for the lovely crystal heart prism-like gift. I was about to write you about the history of the spiritual qualities of crystals and prisms when I, “brightly”, turned to the other side of your gift card and read that you already know all this and more about this precious item. So, again, thank you for this gift and the constant gift of your help in keeping us “going strong”!!!

Hi Anne,
      I enjoy your positive energy and appreciate your kind words. I’m especially fond of crystals and prisms so it was love at first site when I saw that little heart crystal. I’m happy that you like it! Since I know that I won’t see you until after Dec. 2, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

11. jillian says:

A many faceted heart for the many ways our lives can shine. I am reminded of the story of Pollyanna, who made the best of all things and hung prisms in a window to reflect the light. Think this heart might catch and redirect a few rays too.

Hello Jillian, You left a comment! Wa-hoo! And I’m so glad that you did…I LOVE what you wrote, and the imagery it evokes. We can all use more rays of sunshine and some “redirecting” now and then. Thank you for sharing your creative flare with us!

12. Ruth R says:

Jeanette-
    You are the “crystal”-shining heart that sits within each one of us who has enjoyed and been motivated and encouraged by your guidance in class. Although I am just a newcomer at about 2 years, my life has been going in a better direction since meeting you and experiencing your positive ways. I love the class, the guided relaxation and the community that I have become a part. Thank you for the richness you have given me.

Hi Ruth,
      First of all, I do not consider you a newcomer at all. Two years is longterm in my book. Go Ruth! I feel honored to have you contribute your uplifting comments on my blog. Your vibrance shines in all you do, whether it’s making jewelry, writing, moving to music or a heartfelt conversation…you’re one-of-a kind.

13. Muriel says:

Hi Jeanette,
    The beautiful crystal heart is sitting on my fireplace mantel, thank you again for such a lovely gift. I believe it’s been about 13 years years that you’ve helped to keep me alive and moving. I thank you for that!

Hello Muriel, Thanks for the uplifting note. I really appreciate your kind words and your long time attendance. Truly amazing! See you in class soon.

14. Vicki says:

Dear Jeanette, What a nice surprise to find a gift waiting for everyone this morning! And, what a lovely gift it is – thank you so much! The beautiful heart is sitting on my desk as I type and will be a reminder to me to stay fit, positive and peaceful. Thank you too, for making exercise something I look forward to – not dread as in the past. Each of us in the class are so fortunate to have found you and the humor, consideration and inspiration you share!

Hi there Vicki,
      I’m so thrilled to hear that you look forward to exercising now! That is very gratifying to know, as I’m really enjoying having you in our class. I’m also happy that you like the gift. See you next week.

15. Marilyn says:

Hi Jeanette, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for the lovely gift– a strong, shiny heart for your ‘youthful hearts.’ That was so thoughtful of you! It’s a nice reminder of you…maybe I’ll do a couple waist bends when I look at it. πŸ™‚ Thanks!!

Hi Marilyn,
      I got a kick out of your note. I’m enjoying envisioning you doing waist bends when you look at that little heart crystal. Maybe its special magic is working already! πŸ™‚
      Jeanette

16. Gloria says:

Jeanette, the crystal is beautiful. Thank you so much. Do you think I can see my future in it?????

Hi Gloria,
      Yes, I’m sure if you look hard enough, squint your eyes, and hold your breath on a night with a full moon, you can most definitely see your future. I hope you see yourself exercising! πŸ™‚
      You’re a delight.

β€œA man ninety years old was asked to what he attributed his longevity. I reckon, he said, with a twinkle in his eye, it’s because most nights I went to bed and slept when I should have sat up and worried.” ~ Dorthea Kent

"It's been 8 years since retirement and joining Jeanette's classes. I am fitter than when I started, and definitely younger. I have graduated to aerobics and this past year I outdistanced younger companions while traveling in Spain."

--Jillian Robinson, age 72, Fairfax, CA